- Treatment used for the treatment of warts, a verruca, a corn or a callus
- Salicylic acid (16.7% w/w) and lactic acid (16.7% w/w)
Salicylic acid has bacteriostatic and fungicidal actions as well as keratolytic properties. Its effectiveness for topical treatment of hyperkeratotic skin lesions is based on mild keratolytic action which produces slow and painless destruction of the epithelium. In the treatment of warts, a mild irritant reaction, which may render the virus more prone to immunologic stimulation or response, may add to the mechanical removal of infected cells. Apart from its antiseptic and caustic properties, lactic acid enhances the availability of salicylic acid from the dried collodion.
How To Use
- For a full list of directions on how to use Salactol Gel please read the enclosed leaflet carefully.
- Use as advised by your doctor. If you have not consulted a doctor apply a few drops to the affected are.
- Allow the drops to dry before applying the next one.
- When applying Salactol Collodian please be careful not to get any on your normal skin, as it may be irritated and sore.
The active ingredients are salicylic acid (16.7% w/w) and lactic acid (16.7% w/w).
The other ingredients are pyroxylin, colophony, castor oil, industrial methylated spirit and ether.